H1-B Stamping- Dropbox - Without End Client Letter

vn1295

Hi,

My Current visa expired last month.I am planning to visit India next month. I am eligible for drop box. But for safer Option I have requested for Client Letter. My End Client "C" is awarded the Project to a company "M". Company "M" Sub contracted the project to my employer. I am working in the End Client location. People from both my employer and the Company "M" are working here.

As per the end client's policy, they are not ready to give the client letter. But the company"M" which sub contracted the project to my employer is ready to provide the letter.

In case if I called for interview, I need to go without an End client letter. Will this be an Issue ?

Thanks in Advance.

Hell @vn1295.
I don't think you need a client letter.  Check the list of documents for dropbox.  Client letter is not a part of that.

However I have never gone for dropbox myself so I will defer to others if incase they recommend us to submit the client letter with other docs.

Also during my last interview for visa stamping, they didn't ask me for a client letter.  May be taking an email front the end client manager informing that they don't provide client letter or just an email saying that you have been working for them on so and so project might help.  Just my 2 cents.  Thanks

@vn1295 Currently, I stuck in India due to same reason. Rather sharing my story with you, I would suggest few options for you:

1) Avoid leaving US port if not urgent.

2) If appearing for Drop-box, bring all your original documents including End Client letter, Itinerary of Work, Contract between your Employer and Client, etc.

3) If asked to appear in Interview, do not say more than what required or requested. In you case, be precise and go thru all the pages of your contracts.

4) If you do not have any Client Letter, bring supporting documents and letter from your current employer stating about your job, role, location, salary, etc.

5) Remember, if everything goes well, even though you need to go through Port of Entry in US (Chicago, Newark or San Francisco) so be ready to give them the answers as well.

Last but not the least. In any situation, if occurred, do not panic and be patience till you get through US back.

Good Luck!

Archived