H1B - 221G Additional Administrative Processing

balun79

Hi,

I had an interview at Chennai US consulate on Dec 20, 2016 and gave blue slip(221G), requested for Client letter. I have been working on EVC model and provided Client letter on Dec 21, 2016. Client Verification been completed on Mar 15, 2017. My case status was pending under administrative processing. And I sent multiple emails to check latest update on my case and got email response from Chennai Consular information unit this morning stated, Your cases is pending additional administrative processing. Unfortunately we cannot give you any specific timelines in which the processing will be completed.

1. What's difference between Administrative processing and Additional administrative processing

2. I heard most of 221(g) cases have been got email to submit passport for issuance of visa after Client verification been completed. Would like to know beyond 100 days of pending processing on my case, Should I suppose to ask my employer attorney to expedite this process or reaching out Senator would help?

I'd really appreciated your valuable response or advise on this scenario. Thanks in advance!

I got 221(g) few years back and stuck for 3 weeks in Mexico. During that time, I tried many means to expedite the process by sending multiple emails to consulate, contacting my attorney, talking to many friends, contacting Senator. In real, none of this really helped except waiting for the email or call from consulate. As I was in similar time zone CST of US, may be my case was resolved in short time compared to yours.

When I contacted Senator office, I came to know that my case was in progress. Other than that, I haven't received any response. I think, they may not expedite the process. Still, I recommend contacting Senator office, they can be helpful. Also, ask your attorney for suggestions.

Administrative Processing timelines varies from case to case. The status does not provide enough details, my brain exhausted thinking about it.

All the best.

2 hours ago, Chris2013 said:

I got 221(g) few years back and stuck for 3 weeks in Mexico. During that time, I tried many means to expedite the process by sending multiple emails to consulate, contacting my attorney, talking to many friends, contacting Senator. In real, none of this really helped except waiting for the email or call from consulate. As I was in similar time zone CST of US, may be my case was resolved in short time compared to yours.

When I contacted Senator office, I came to know that my case was in progress. Other than that, I haven't received any response. I think, they may not expedite the process. Still, I recommend contacting Senator office, they can be helpful. Also, ask your attorney for suggestions.

Administrative Processing timelines varies from case to case. The status does not provide enough details, my brain exhausted thinking about it.

All the best.

Hi,  can you please share reasons for 221(g) when you got stuck in Mexico few years back. 

• 1 year later...

Archived