H4 to H1 amendment.

SSSSamy

Hi,

I am in my h4 visa now.I have applied h1b in 2007 and got it approved but because of some problems i was not working & in my H4 only.Btw i went to my country(twice) for an year and came back now.My question is how long my H1b will be active ?..When i spoke to my employer they said it would have been expired but they can do the amendment once i got the project and i can go for job immediately as it will take only 2 days.How long it will take for amendment?.How long H1b will be active?.What is the time period with in which i need to do my h1b amendment to keep the visa safe.

Thanks in advance..

please consult a lawyer.

you are currently on H4, you will need COS to H1 to start working. if you have H1 visa on passport, you can leave the US and enter with your H1 and supporting documents if applicable.

Originally posted by SSSSamy:

Hi,

I am in my h4 visa now.I have applied h1b in 2007 and got it approved but because of some problems i was not working & in my H4 only.Btw i went to my country(twice) for an year and came back now.My question is how long my H1b will be active ?..When i spoke to my employer they said it would have been expired but they can do the amendment once i got the project and i can go for job immediately as it will take only 2 days.How long it will take for amendment?.How long H1b will be active?.What is the time period with in which i need to do my h1b amendment to keep the visa safe.

Thanks in advance..

Archived