Filling out field in I539 when there is a conviction record.

krs563

Hi, 

I have a conviction sometime during year 2014 as 484(a). But it was later converted to I415(pc) in 2015. Now, i have to fill I539 form & would like to know the best possible way of mentioning this situation under section "Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever been arrested or convicted of any criminal offense since last entering the U.S.?" 

Could someone please suggest me the best possible way of filling this. 

Thank you.

21 hours ago, krs563 said:

Hi, 

I have a conviction sometime during year 2014 as 484(a). But it was later converted to I415(pc) in 2015. Now, i have to fill I539 form & would like to know the best possible way of mentioning this situation under section "Have you, or any other person included in this application, ever been arrested or convicted of any criminal offense since last entering the U.S.?" 

Could someone please suggest me the best possible way of filling this. 

Thank you.

Consult immigration attorney. USCIS looks for the case for which you were arrsted. later u can say convicted for disturbing peace.

On 2/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, Ritu794 said:

Will the application be extended with a crime on the record ,  I m curious because I have one pending to be applied in October. 

You may get a RFE and you will need to disclose your court documents with the outcome. Shoplifiting is a CIMT and your conviction was for disturbing the peace which is not  a CIMT. hence you are safe I guess. Get a recommendation from the immigration lawyer.

Archived