L2 EAD application receipt number not received even after 20 days.

shubhmehta

Hello

I had applied for L2 EAD on 11th Jan 2017 to below address:

USCIS
Attn: AOS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business, Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

It has been 20 days since we have sent the L2 EAD (i765) application with all the required documents and cashier cheque to above address through UPS courier service. We have not received any receipt (i797) from USCIS till now. UPS online tracking status shows as delivered on 12th January itself. USCIS customer care unable to provide any concrete information about the status or even an acknowledgment of receiving the application. They have multiple version as follows

1) If you don't receive receipt number within 10 days of sending application you need to talk to 2nd level support.

2) You will have to wait for 30 days if you have sent on above address and not to Post Box Dallas address.

3) Enquire from the bank for the cheque encashment because the first step would be the cashier cheque to be encashed.If it is not encashed, they cannot do anything.

4) Check with UPS if they have delivered to correct place, if they have not delivered to correct place they can not help.

5) Sometimes it takes longer time (more than 30 days) to receive just a receipt number due to high volume of applications.

We checked with the bank ,our cheque encashment has not done yet and talked to USCIS L2 support and no positive response.

We are confused and totally disappointed and don't know where to approach. We have gone through multiple blogs online and no where it is mentioned that it took more than 30 days to just receive a receipt number. We think our application has been lost, not sure though .Need help to take next step, do we need to keep on waiting till USCIS sends a receipt number and confirmation of receiving the application. If yes, how long we should wait.

If not, then do we need to just withdraw and send a fresh new application. How do we ensure we get the receipt number within correct time period of fresh application.  

Pls help!

• 1 month later...

Archived