EAD query

sidharthsoneja

Hi, my situation is as follows

• My wife was working in US on a L1-A visa.  I converted from H1 to L2 (along with EAD) in August 2015. I-797 for both my wife and I was valid until 2nd Feb 2017.
  • We left the US for Canada on 8th November 2015. 
  • After a year, 25th Nov 2016, a new petition (new I-797 form for my wife) was filed, my wife’s L1A visa and my L2 visa was approved at US consulate in Toronto, Canada.
  • We are now back in US and I would like to apply for EAD.

Questions:

1. In form I-765, there are two checkboxes (one for Permission to accept employment or second renewal to accept employment). I wanted to enquire, which checkbox do I need to select i.e. to select Permission to accept employment or renewal to accept employment. Please advise.
  2. Do I need to send my previous approved I-797 petition for Class A18 (EAD)?

Only reason I am asking is that my wife is on a new L1-A petition & visa (not a renewal) and I am on new L-2 petition & visa. Thank you for your kind help.

• 3 months later...

Hi Sidharth, I'm also in same kind of situation. My current L2 EAD is valid till Jan 2019 they gave based on I94 end date Jan 2019, but we have to go for new L1B/L2 stamping from outside US by September 2017 as the current I29S expiring on September 2017. If we get new petition does my current EAD valid ? Or I have to apply for new one also can I work in the meantime with old EAD?

Appreciate your response!

Archived