H1b transfer out of status - please advice

newguyaustin123

Hello,

I have a question on how to answer the following question on the DS-160 "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?  "

Note the sequence:

1. My old job was terminated on June 15th, my previous employer didn't pay me from april 15h- june 1st, however i did receive my last paycheck for June1st-June 15. I have a I-140 approved with this employer. They did not revoke their h1b (valid till mid 2018) or the I-140.
2. I left the US on August 14th
3. I found a new employer who is doing by h1b transfer and we applied via consular processing on September 6th
4. USCIS initially sent a RFE related to minimum requirements for the job and the petition was eventual approved
5. I now have to go for a visa stamping and I'm not sure how to answer the question on the DS-160 and address the brief gap. Please advise on what evidence, documentation may help in this case.

Thanks
On November 6, 2016 at 9:25 AM, newguyaustin123 said:
Hello,

I have a question on how to answer the following question on the DS-160 "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?  "

Note the sequence:

1. My old job was terminated on June 15th, my previous employer didn't pay me from april 15h- june 1st, however i did receive my last paycheck for June1st-June 15. I have a I-140 approved with this employer. They did not revoke their h1b (valid till mid 2018) or the I-140.
2. I left the US on August 14th
3. I found a new employer who is doing by h1b transfer and we applied via consular processing on September 6th
4. USCIS initially sent a RFE related to minimum requirements for the job and the petition was eventual approved
5. I now have to go for a visa stamping and I'm not sure how to answer the question on the DS-160 and address the brief gap. Please advise on what evidence, documentation may help in this case.

Thanks

@jairichi @pontevecchio can you advise? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived