221g in Calgary on 28th Sep - Anyone else waiting for their visa?

Ha221

I was asked basic questions like where did I work, how many years, how many years at previous employer and salary. I am a full time employee at a company.

This was my 3rd renewal, same company, same role as the previous H1B. At the end of the interview, the VO told me everything looked good and then was given a 221G form indicating I need to submit latest resume, list of publications and research work.

I have submitted resume only and mentioned in the email that I do not have any publications nor do I do any type of research work at my job ( I do not conduct any kind of research at all) . My job role and responsibilities are detailed in my resume 

18 hours ago, Ha221 said:

I was asked basic questions like where did I work, how many years, how many years at previous employer and salary. I am a full time employee at a company.

This was my 3rd renewal, same company, same role as the previous H1B. At the end of the interview, the VO told me everything looked good and then was given a 221G form indicating I need to submit latest resume, list of publications and research work.

I have submitted resume only and mentioned in the email that I do not have any publications nor do I do any type of research work at my job ( I do not conduct any kind of research at all) . My job role and responsibilities are detailed in my resume 

Relax, everything should be alright. They just wanted to do some BG check on your Education I guess.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 3:21 PM, Ha221 said:

Hi Ha221, yours appears to be TAL case as well for 221G. Can you provide some more information like your date of interview, docs asked (I assume only your resume). Did you have PhD or Masters? Biotech related? If not then area? Have you heard anything back?

Did they keep your passport or return it.

@Ha221,@PremKalyan521, @RaSogolla_221g

Even i attended my first H1B Visa Interview on Sep 28 at Calgary. I was issued 221G Yellow slip to submit my Resume, Research Work, Publications. I have emailed my Resume and Research Work - I haven't done any Research Work but implement couple of Research Papers as part of my Masters Course Work, i have emailed them the same.

The Visa Interview was normal, i was asked generic questions, where do i work, salary, how long, what do i do for the company, my masters major, i majored in Computer Science, but she was asking about my specialization in Computer Science, my Masters was course based not stream based. I did my Masters from a reputed State University. VO officer asked me to submit the required documents, she said they wants to review the Research Work and get back to me in 2-3 Weeks, and will ask me to send the passport to get my VISA stamped. VO returned my Passport and I797.

I worked as a Research Assistant for one semester, but haven't done much Research. Did that trigger the Admin Processing am not sure.

It has been 17 Business Days since the day of interview, i still haven't received any email from them. I am still waiting in Canada.  Is there a way to get the update by emailing or calling them.

Best,

Raj

Just an FYI to people here... I attended my first stamping interview in Calgary in 2012. My advice: if you've waited a long time, call up the consulate and dial a random extension to speak to someone. This worked for me after waiting for 10 weeks with no email. 

My experience:

I have an Aerospace Engineering MS and I was working directly for my employer. The interview itself was good & basic but in the last 5 secs, the VO started reading questions related to nuclear engineering & thermal materials from her monitor. Of course, I told her that none of those topics had anything to do with my work or education but I was still given a 221G that didn't request any additional documentation. 

After waiting 10wks, I lost my patience and just called up the consulate (I forgot the number but I found it on Google). I went through their phone directory by requesting for a random last name. I was then transferred to my VO who said my case was approved 9 weeks ago and waiting on her table. Turns out she had forgotten to send me an email and was wondering why I hadn't submitted my passport. She finally sent me an email while I was still on the call and had my passport back the next day.

So, I'd advice you to try this method. Don't try this if you're only 1 or 2 weeks into the 221G wait. If many people try this, they'll catch the loophole. Of course, it worked for me 4yrs ago and YMMV. 

Also, make sure you check your passport. They printed the wrong info on my visa that listed me as a Permanent Resident of Canada. I had to get it corrected. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went through similar interview as everyone here, got a 221g yellow slip.
Please post timelines for your approval.

Interview Date: Nov 2nd 2016

Interviewer randomly asked about Masters degree project, was asked i have done anything related Micro electro Mechanical systems.
I said yes i did have that project.
She verified and said everything looks good but we just need to do more verification, so please send your Masters project details to email along with your Resume. Gave me yellow 221(g) slip.

Probably a verification of TAL Listed course check.
Submitted required documents on November 3rd.

Interview Date: November 2nd. Case updated November 8th but still in Administrative Processing.

221G: Yellow Form. Asked to submit Resume. Did so the same day and received generic email pretty soon after saying that docs has been received.

Documents Kept by Consulate: Passport, copy of I797, Letter from Employe, copies of all previous I797's.

The officer didn't seem to like that I am a Social Worker stating he has never seen one on an H1B. Requested resume and kept passport stating that he wanted to get it done. No timeline given. I am Indian with British citizenship. 

Never received 221G before. Had 2 previous visas for F1 and H1.

If you're bored in Calgary, please contact me.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2016 at 0:09 AM, Injas said:

Interview Date: November 2nd. Case updated November 8th but still in Administrative Processing.

221G: Yellow Form. Asked to submit Resume. Did so the same day and received generic email pretty soon after saying that docs has been received.

Documents Kept by Consulate: Passport, copy of I797, Letter from Employe, copies of all previous I797's.

The officer didn't seem to like that I am a Social Worker stating he has never seen one on an H1B. Requested resume and kept passport stating that he wanted to get it done. No timeline given. I am Indian with British citizenship. 

Never received 221G before. Had 2 previous visas for F1 and H1.

If you're bored in Calgary, please contact me.

I have received approval on November 30th 2016.

Picked up passport on December 8th

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, 

I have been waiting very long to get the US B1/B2 Visa. Me and my wife applied together for the B1/B2 Visa from US Consulate General, Calgary, Canada. 

Interview Date: July 25, 2016 (They issued 221(g) Yellow and asked us to submit our CVs to the email address mentioned) 
CVs submitted: July 26, 2016 
1st Status Update: July 29, 2016 ("Administrative Processing") 

On October 05, 2016 i received an email from the US Consulate asking to submit our travel plan. 

Travel Plan Submitted: October 06, 2016 
2nd Status Update: October 19, 2016 ("Administrative Processing") 

Till now no further documents have been asked by the US Consulate. However, there was a 3rd Status Update on December 29, 2016 and the status is still "Administrative Processing". 

Is there anyone with the same situation? I have been waiting for a very long time now. I have never sent an inquiry email to the US Consulate just because they will answer what is already written on the CEAC. What should i do now? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. 

Thanks.

Archived