Drop box-221g White slip Mumbai consulate

Hello All , 

Here is my case with dates.

In US for last 15 months , came to visit family (India) for 3 weeks.Working in EVC model

Eligible for DROP-BOX and I did submitted my I797 ( With Previous employer , Current Employer , Amendment ) LCA , 
Amendment with PUNE STANLEY office. Its for H1B renewal with different employer

29th AUG :- Documents Submitted 

CEAC status :- Administrative processing & PP tracking status was "Reached Consulate"

31st -AUG 

CEAC status :- Administrative processing & PP tracking status was "PICK-UP"

When Went to collect the passport , got to know I have 221G white slip , asking to appear for an interview.

Tick On :-> "You must Appear for an interview with a consular officer on any working day from 10:30 Am to 11:00 AM 
Please bring this letter and your passport with you. DO NOT make a new appointment" 

Going for Interview on 6th of Spet

I have already have return tickets for 16th SPT . Not sure If I can make that . 

Questions/Any suggestions :-

Any one have /Had same scenario where person get White slip 221G .

Any usual time-frame to get the passport stamp , different forum says different time line. 

Any one sailing on same boat ? Please share your experience if have any with anyone. 

Thanks in advance !

18 hours ago, 221gWhiteS-DropBOX-H1B Ren said:

Hello All , 

Here is my case with dates.

In US for last 15 months , came to visit family (India) for 3 weeks.Working in EVC model

Eligible for DROP-BOX and I did submitted my I797 ( With Previous employer , Current Employer , Amendment ) LCA , 
Amendment with PUNE STANLEY office. Its for H1B renewal with different employer

29th AUG :- Documents Submitted 

CEAC status :- Administrative processing & PP tracking status was "Reached Consulate"

31st -AUG 

CEAC status :- Administrative processing & PP tracking status was "PICK-UP"

When Went to collect the passport , got to know I have 221G white slip , asking to appear for an interview.

Tick On :-> "You must Appear for an interview with a consular officer on any working day from 10:30 Am to 11:00 AM 
Please bring this letter and your passport with you. DO NOT make a new appointment" 

Going for Interview on 6th of Spet

I have already have return tickets for 16th SPT . Not sure If I can make that . 

Questions/Any suggestions :-

Any one have /Had same scenario where person get White slip 221G .

Any usual time-frame to get the passport stamp , different forum says different time line. 

Any one sailing on same boat ? Please share your experience if have any with anyone. 

Thanks in advance !

It's normal , it might be PIMS issue, these days they are asking for in person interview . If you have all the documents u will be fine .

one of my friend recently had the same issue and he went for In person interview and he cleared the visa interview with out any issues 

kindly share ur experience after interview .  Please don't ignore 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

So I am having a similar issue. I arrived in Mumbai on November 28th, Monday. My dropbox eligibility was ending on December 3rd (my previous visa expired on that date last year), I made sure that I submitted my docs before that date. I submitted everything the very next day, November 29th, Tuesday. 

There was no update in the status for two days. On Thursday, it changed to "Administrative Processing" and on Friday, it changed to "Ready". I got an email on Friday at 4:56pm (very convenient...) saying that I my passport is ready for pickup. Since it was the weekend and since collection is only till 4pm, I had to wait till Monday. On Sunday, I got the same email saying that my passport was ready. I went to the VAC center first thing on Monday and stood in line. Got my passport back and before I could even open it completely, I saw my passport photo stapled to the back and a 221g white slip popped out. It said that I need to appear at the consulate for an interview between 10:30 and 11:00 on any day and that I should not schedule an appointment.

I am not sure why they want me to interview. I DO NOT work in the EVC model or even in consulting. I am a full-time employee for an enterprise software company and I work at the headquarters in Silicon Valley. My company has been around for 17 years now and hires about 85 employees in America and 110 worldwide. The company is employee-owned and stocks are distributed with performance reviews every year. 

This is my second job in the United States and when I had applied for a transfer here, I had an RFE. I had provided everything they needed back then. To top that off, an agent from the USCIS actually showed up in-person at my office to verify my employment. I am really not sure why I am targeted at every stage of this silly H1B visa process even though everything is legitimate.

I have gathered all the documents that I could and am going to the Consulate tomorrow. Hope everything goes well. I have nothing to hide

Archived