Contracting under Spouse's H4 EAD Company

rajuvamsi007

Hello All,

Let's say a spouse starts a new company under her H4 EAD.

Can the husband provide contracting services under this new company?

I understand that the H1 employee can only work for one company. So is it legally possible for the husband to work extra time and provides services under the name of the Spouse's Company??

My understanding is that the H1 holder will not be paid for the services but the H4 EAD company holder will be actually paid for services provided under her name.

What are the potential problems with such a setup?? 

I understand that it is illegal to work a second job while H1b. However, if the spouse's company is getting paid and the spouse is "actually delivering the service" without mention of any one else's name on the company invoice.... that would be legal right?

Otherwise, how is it different from helping the spouse to perform the actual job on the employee's own time??

Just wondering...

I understand that it is illegal to work a second job while H1b. However, if the spouse's company is getting paid and the spouse is "actually delivering the service" without mention of any one else's name on the company invoice.... that would be legal right?

Otherwise, how is it different from helping the spouse to perform the actual job on the employee's own time??

Just wondering...

Honestly speaking, that is legal. How would govt know that you're working/helping your spouse at work?

Honestly speaking, that is legal. How would govt know that you're working/helping your spouse at work?

From the spouse, or other people he works with.

The IRS's best helpers are disgruntled spouses during divorces...

In other words, this opens him up to lifelong blackmail. There is always somebody who knows.

It is fraud, plain and simple.

Archived