Amend Consular process H1B to COS H1B

JNJOE

Hi,

Got some question on H1B Consular processing.

I’m currently in the US with L1 Status with Company “A”. a new company say “B” is planning to apply my H1B under consular processing. I don’t have any plans to go out of US for next 1+ years

Now, My questions are

1.      If I apply for an H1B as consular processing on April-2016 and assuming its approved, can it be amended as COS (change of status) later say by Jan-2017 and start working with the company "B" from Jan-2017?

2.      How long I can keep the Consular process approved H1B with me before amending to COS. Like can I amend the H1B to COS say after 1 or 2 Years?

3.      Can the Approved Consular process H1B with Company “B” be amended to COS H1B with a different company  say “C” even without joining the company “B” ?

Appreciate Your Help.

Thanks

Joe

Hi JoeF,

Thanks for the reply.

1. Will the new COS H1B comes under the H1B cap? or is it just like applying for a non cap H1B as COS showing the existing approved the consular H1B.?

2. What is the minimum period I need to work for the H1B employer before I switch?

3.  How long I can keep the Consular process approved H1B before getting it stamped?

Appreciate your help

Joe

Archived