H1 to H4 and back to H1

aac13

Hi,

I was working for employer 'A' till May end and i resigned the job as there was no new assignment, my employer 'A' applied for change of status to 'H4' on May 25th 2015.

still H1 to H4 case is not approved, now I got offer from another employer 'B' and waiting for offer letter. 

My question is now I want to change the status back H1 but my H1 to H4 is still under process, what all option I have to join new employer?

Thanks in advance !

Thanks much..

Hi there, I'm also in a similar situation as 'aac13'. I got laid off on May 26, 2015. I applied for H4 on June 26, 2015. Currently the H4 application is still pending. But I found a job and my employer is willing to process my H1B. However, I learned now that my earlier H1B was revoked on June 18, 2015, which means, I was out of status from June 18 to June 26. 

Any suggestion how to get back to H1B? Can I apply H1B when my H4 is pending from US? Thanks in advance. 

User- aac13, Did you file your H4 when your H1 was valid? 

Hi ps59,

Did you file your H4 when your H1 was valid? 

I had H4 visa earlier and then I got H1B, when i left job and my employer filed I-539 for status change to H4 but application is still processing.

I am waiting for offer letter from new Employer and need to see what they will tell regarding status change, previous employer told if I get job before H4 status approves then one option is to go out of the country and come back with H1 status, need to see what new employer attorney says.

please you also keep post on your updates.

best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived