Wife's 485 filed just before I got my GC, what would be her PD

to_vaib

Hi Folks,

My priority date was Sep 2008 EB2 India and I have received my green card last year however before my green card was approved, I got married and we filed my wife's EAD AND 485 petition as she is my beneficiary. Her petition was filed in August 2014 however I thought that since she is my beneficiary, her priority date would still remain Sep 2008. So according to that her date is current but her case status is not changing. I called USCIS and the lady on the phone just asked what's her receipt date which is August 2014 and she said that's her priority date. I'm totally confused now, can someone clarify??

~V

It is important to note that just because a priority date is current does not mean that an I-485 automatically gets approved. USCIS has many such applications. They may just not have gotten to it or they may be an actual issue / problem. The only way to know is to follow up with USCIS to find out whether they know the priority date on the case is current and can approve it or if they have something to resolve before doing so.

Archived