Travel when L1A to L1A petition has been filed

get2arpit

Dear All,

I have a question about international travel when the company applied for L1B to L1A petition.

my company is going to apply for L1B to L1A visa in December and I might have to travel out of the country in Jan 2015. I just have a valid I94 stamp however the visa is expired.

Can I travel out of the country when L1A petition is in progress? and wait in the destination country for approval and getting the visa stamp?

Would appreciate if somebody can provide some inputs.

Thanks for your reply Jairichi... 

Do you have link to any documentation which says this? I have heard that they abandon your application when you leave US while your petition is in progress...

Request your urgent help as I need to take a call and convey it to my convey it to my company, if I should go ahead filing L1A petition or just move for good to India.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your reply Jairichi... 

Do you have link to any documentation which says this? I have heard that they abandon your application when you leave US while your petition is in progress...

Request your urgent help as I need to take a call and convey it to my convey it to my company, if I should go ahead filing L1A petition or just move for good to India.

Thanks again for your help.

Only COS part of your L1B to L1A is considered abandoned but the petition will be processed. On approval you can enter with a valid L1A visa and I797.

Archived