Successful Stamping @Kingston, Jamaica on August 28th

SBH369

I don't want to discuss all the routine stuff here as there is already enough information available about H1B stamping in Jamaica.

I attended interview on August 28th. Some of the topics I would like to share:

1. My interview schedule is at 9AM, but I went to the embassy at 7AM and still they allowed me inside, no one asked me why did I come so early or wait outside etc. The earlier we go to the embassy, the sooner we can return back. I have finished everything before 10AM.
  2. I came to US on L2 and changed the status to H1B. Many people told (and scared) me to go to the home country for first time H1B stamping and they said it's a rule. But I came to Jamaica and got visa. I don't know why people spread false news without having any proof.
  3. In my interview, they asked about my employer, client and job duties etc. He asked me only one document, W2; in addition to the passport and I-797 which we give to the interviewer in the beginning of the interview.
  4. When I was giving finger prints, they asked me why Jamaica, why not India or other countries?
  5. I attended interview on Thursday and they gave me passport on Friday. Usually they take one to two days to return passport. No need to collect H1B passports from DHL. We have to collect from embassy itself.
  6. I faced only one tough question. He asked me whether I did my masters or not. I said yes. He asked me which specialization. I said Mechanical Engineering. Later he did not ask anything on that topic. This is where I got scared as I thought he would ask me why did I switch my carrier from engineering to IT, but he did not ask me.
  7. Plan to stay in Jamaica for at least two business days after the interview for passport collection. Not every one gets passport on the next day.
  8. I was not sure about the passport delivery. So I booked return flight ticket just before traveling to Jamaica and cancelled after reaching to the hotel in Jamaica. Because we can cancel the tickets within 24 hours without any fee if you book in some sites like orbitz, expedia etc.
  9. Jamaica has many beautiful places and it's less expensive. I felt that Jamaica is like a mini India.
  10. There may be many rejections for Jamaican people in other category visas, but all most all the H1B people got stamping successfully on that day. So, you'll definitely get it! Enjoy!!

Cheers

Srinivas

I don't want to discuss all the routine stuff here as there is already enough information available about H1B stamping in Jamaica.

I attended interview on August 28th. Some of the topics I would like to share:

1. My interview schedule is at 9AM, but I went to the embassy at 7AM and still they allowed me inside, no one asked me why did I come so early or wait outside etc. The earlier we go to the embassy, the sooner we can return back. I have finished everything before 10AM.
  2. I came to US on L2 and changed the status to H1B. Many people told (and scared) me to go to the home country for first time H1B stamping and they said it's a rule. But I came to Jamaica and got visa. I don't know why people spread false news without having any proof.
  3. In my interview, they asked about my employer, client and job duties etc. He asked me only one document, W2; in addition to the passport and I-797 which we give to the interviewer in the beginning of the interview.
  4. When I was giving finger prints, they asked me why Jamaica, why not India or other countries?
  5. I attended interview on Thursday and they gave me passport on Friday. Usually they take one to two days to return passport. No need to collect H1B passports from DHL. We have to collect from embassy itself.
  6. I faced only one tough question. He asked me whether I did my masters or not. I said yes. He asked me which specialization. I said Mechanical Engineering. Later he did not ask anything on that topic. This is where I got scared as I thought he would ask me why did I switch my carrier from engineering to IT, but he did not ask me.
  7. Plan to stay in Jamaica for at least two business days after the interview for passport collection. Not every one gets passport on the next day.
  8. I was not sure about the passport delivery. So I booked return flight ticket just before traveling to Jamaica and cancelled after reaching to the hotel in Jamaica. Because we can cancel the tickets within 24 hours without any fee if you book in some sites like orbitz, expedia etc.
  9. Jamaica has many beautiful places and it's less expensive. I felt that Jamaica is like a mini India.
  10. There may be many rejections for Jamaican people in other category visas, but all most all the H1B people got stamping successfully on that day. So, you'll definitely get it! Enjoy!!

Cheers

Srinivas

Congrats and Its great you posted your experience which will be beneficial to lot of people who are going to Jamaica like me...I have question, as you mentioned they checked only one document that is W2. My w2 salary is showing less than my pay on LCA used for H1B. But my W2 is from OPT though.I heard USCIS only compares W2 and LCA salary from the day your H1B starts(Oct 1) . As i was on OPT and this is first time H1B do I really  need to worry about it?

Thanks.

Congrats and Its great you posted your experience which will be beneficial to lot of people who are going to Jamaica like me...I have question, as you mentioned they checked only one document that is W2. My w2 salary is showing less than my pay on LCA used for H1B. But my W2 is from OPT though.I heard USCIS only compares W2 and LCA salary from the day your H1B starts(Oct 1) . As i was on OPT and this is first time H1B do I really  need to worry about it?

Thanks.

Yes that's true, you need to get paid at least what's mentioned in your LCA during your H1 period.

Getting paid less than what promised (LCA) is not allowed during H1.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived