First H1B stamping in Jamaica

nvedia

My spouse is currently in US on H4 and she has her first H1B approved with I797B (with no I-94)

To apply for change of Status and start work, we were thinking of going to Jamaica for stamping and come back with H1B stamped on the passport

We have all the documents including education evaluation, degree and work experience from India 

I know Bahamas/Mexico do not allow first time H1B and heard Canada is a bit strict
Can someone tell me how does it go in Jamaica?

Anyone who went to Jamaica for first time H1B stamping, please share your views

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

Am in exactly the same situation and contemplating b/n a COS from H-4 to H-1 or a Consular stamping (Jamaica or India)

Surprised why is'nt filing a new petition for COS being considered as an option. I heard petitions filed under premium get a response in under 2 weeks.

Is there something I am missing ?

Andiamo

I know we can file premium and get response in 2 weeks but we have vacation planned in few months and we would hit stamping anyways

Can someone tell me without any prior work experience but approved petition (I797B), what are the chances of getting stamping approved in Jamaica?

I have education equivalency evaluation report from *************** and employer is genuine and have all the project documents etc

Not sure what you mean by without prior experience, overall career experience or US experience.

Over and above all, its the intent of getting a stamping in an alien nation other than the country mentioned on the I-797 that makes it questionable by authorities and that's my primary worry too.

Let me know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

Archived