I was arrested when I was traveling with my friend, who was driving car with an expired drivers license.

satyarao56

When I was doing my masters in USA I was arrested( i do not know if it is called arrest or not , as i was not put behind bars) as my friend was driving car with an expired drivers license. I was asked to sit in the police station for just 90 mins until the procedure of photo graphs and finger prints were done and then later released after paying the ticket for not wearing seat belt in the back seat. So should I keep Yes or No for the question “Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?”

When I was doing my masters in USA I was arrested( i do not know if it is called arrest or not , as i was not put behind bars) as my friend was driving car with an expired drivers license. I was asked to sit in the police station for just 90 mins until the procedure of photo graphs and finger prints were done and then later released after paying the ticket for not wearing seat belt in the back seat. So should I keep Yes or No for the question “Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action?”

Your answer is YES.

• 1 month later...

If you were taken to the police station, you were arrested. You have to answer yes to that question.

This may have been just collateral damage, but it was an arrest nevertheless.

if yes I need to produce documents to support my case. I do not have any documents. Can you let me know what documents I need to gather before going to h1b stamping

Archived