NORI from HRD for Non-medical Professionals stuck in heath and family welfare ministry

April21

Hi,

I am Phd researcher working on J-1 visa. I completed my phd here in USA.

I am in the process of J1-waiver as many of us on this forum.

I have received 2 NORIs from state government and RPO Chennai.

I am having trouble with HRD- for some reason my files is forwarded from HRD to ministry of health and family welfare (mohfw).

My file is just stuck in mhofw as ministry of health and family welfare is not providing any NORI to any candidate (Medical-doctors). I am not able to understand why did my file have to forwarded to health ministry when the instructions clearly mention that non-health professional need to get NORI from HRD.

DOes anyone have any suggestions on this forum for me as I am not sure how to proceed from here. 

Has anyone else experienced any difficulty obtaining NORI from HRD?

any comment and advice will be appreciated

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Hi,

I am having trouble with HRD- for some reason my files is forwarded from HRD to ministry of health and family welfare (mohfw).

My file is just stuck in mhofw as ministry of health and family welfare is not providing any NORI to any candidate (Medical-doctors). I am not able to understand why did my file have to forwarded to health ministry when the instructions clearly mention that non-health professional need to get NORI from HRD.

DOes anyone have any suggestions on this forum for me as I am not sure how to proceed from here. 

You can approach your consulate, explain your situation and request for a NOC based on two NORIs. In my case they provided me a NOC at Indian Consulate, Chicago with two NORIs in 2012.

Hi,

Hey,

When did you send NORI to Delhi office?

In my experience it is the easiest to get out of the three NORIs! You can phone them too.

If you have any questions, you can contact me at username in combination with gmail. ************(at)gmail

Thank you guys for your input.

Hi Jairichi,

I have inquired about getting the waiver with consulate general of India in San Francisco- they stated that they do not entertain anyone's request without all 3 NORIs in place. 

Do you have any suggestion about how to better put my case forward?

Hi J1waiver205,

I sent you an email - please check it sometime.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in  the same situation. MHRD sent my documents to ministry of health. I clearly mentioned that I am on J1 Research Scholar.

Is there a way out. what happened with your wavier?

Can you please give me the contact number of Chicago consulate?

Please let me know- my email drkavya5499@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

HRD has started issuing NORI since this week. If you have some family member, you can send them to HRD and Mr. Rautela, in R. K Puram HRD office will give you a copy of the NORI in hand.

I was also waiting for my NORI since long and my brother went and got the NORI today from HRD.

HRD had asked guidelines from Health ministry depending upon which they could issue NORI. Health ministry asked MCI (Medical council of India) for guidelines and MCI declared that they are not concerned with PhD graduates.

So, now HRD will try to clear the backlog that they have with the NORI applications received in last few months.

Congratulations for the good news!! don't have to worried all the time now!

Thanks

Archived