H1b Transfer with New Master degree

neha.2

Hi All,

i have a question for adding New degree while doing H1b Transfer.

I have completed a 3 year degree (BCA- Bachelor of computer application) in 2003  and Enrolled for MCA (Masters in computer application) same year.

But in 2004 I Started working in IT and also I continued my education and completed my Masters in 2006 (2003 to 2006).  I came to the USA (In 2010) for my current employer on my 3 Years degree (BCA) + 5 plus Years of IT experience on L1B Visa.

My current employer filed H1B in 2012 on 3 Years bachelor degree + 5 Years of experience. Even in my H1B education evolution, it shows 3 year bachelor degree + 5 plus Years of IT experience.

Now I am changing my employer (for which I am working from 2007 to till date (6.7 years)).  

1.      Can  I add my Master degree now to my new H1B?. or I can show my master degree during my Green card processing?

2.      If I add my Masters now, Does it cause any issue or any query from USCIS?

3.      If I add my Master degree do I lose my 3 years of IT experience (2004 to 2006)?

4.      I would have to continue with 3 year degree (BCA) + 5 plus Years of experience in my GC processing as well?

5.      I haven’t shown my masters in H1B, so If we add that now in H1B will it be any issue.

6.      Even If I add my Masters I will have more than 6.7 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the specialty IT experience with the current employer. Will it be ok if we add my masters to H1B transfer or I can do at the time of GC processing?

I am looking forward  for your reply. Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Neha

Hi All,

i have a question for adding New degree while doing H1b Transfer.

I have completed a 3 year degree (BCA- Bachelor of computer application) in 2003  and Enrolled for MCA (Masters in computer application) same year.

But in 2004 I Started working in IT and also I continued my education and completed my Masters in 2006 (2003 to 2006).  I came to the USA (In 2010) for my current employer on my 3 Years degree (BCA) + 5 plus Years of IT experience on L1B Visa.

My current employer filed H1B in 2012 on 3 Years bachelor degree + 5 Years of experience. Even in my H1B education evolution, it shows 3 year bachelor degree + 5 plus Years of IT experience.

Now I am changing my employer (for which I am working from 2007 to till date (6.7 years)).  

1.      Can  I add my Master degree now to my new H1B?. or I can show my master degree during my Green card processing?

2.      If I add my Masters now, Does it cause any issue or any query from USCIS?

3.      If I add my Master degree do I lose my 3 years of IT experience (2004 to 2006)?

4.      I would have to continue with 3 year degree (BCA) + 5 plus Years of experience in my GC processing as well?

5.      I haven’t shown my masters in H1B, so If we add that now in H1B will it be any issue.

6.      Even If I add my Masters I will have more than 6.7 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the specialty IT experience with the current employer. Will it be ok if we add my masters to H1B transfer or I can do at the time of GC processing?

I am looking forward  for your reply. Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Neha

Why did your L1B employer nor your H1B employer fail to include your MCA degree when your L1B and H1B petition were filed? Did you hide it from your employers?

1. Yes. Voluntarily hiding facts is an offense.

2. May be.

3. Why would you lose the experience you have?

4. Refer 1.

5. You better add it.

6. Add it now and get the record straight.

Why did your L1B employer nor your H1B employer fail to include your MCA degree when your L1B and H1B petition were filed? Did you hide it from your employers?

2. May be.

4. Refer 1.

5. You better add it.

2. May be.

4. Refer 1.

5. You better add it.

2. May be.

4. Refer 1.

5. You better add it.

Hi Jai,

The reason is, at the time of joining the current employer in 2007 i haven't received the convocation degree. and employer filled with the degree details which i submitted at the time of joining. because of that i couldn't able to add that to H1B.

Regards,

Neha

• 4 months later...

Archived