job change after H-1B stamping

goldenhurricane

Hi,

I got my H-1B stamped last year and now I have changed my job. I want to travel to India. Do I have to go to the US embassy again this time for stamping since I changed my job ? Please let me know.

If your H1B visa is valid when you are traveling back to US there is no need to apply for a new H1B visa. But, you would need new employer's I797 to show at POE.

Hi jairichi,

I'm in the situation as well. I got my H1B stamped and I'm changing job in Jan 2014.

I'm getting married in March 2014 and my wife has to attend visa interview for her H4 stamping. Can you please let me know if that's going to be a problem? Do I need to attend visa interview again?

Thanks,

Teja

Hi jairichi,

I'm in the situation as well. I got my H1B stamped and I'm changing job in Jan 2014.

I'm getting married in March 2014 and my wife has to attend visa interview for her H4 stamping. Can you please let me know if that's going to be a problem? Do I need to attend visa interview again?

Thanks,

Teja

Congrats on your wedding. Your wife needs to fill DS160 and attend visa interview with a copy of your new employer's I797 approval notice and marriage certificate and other related documents. If your H1B visa with old employer is valid there is no need to go for new stamping. You would need a valid H1B visa and new employer's I797 to enter US.

Congrats on your wedding. Your wife needs to fill DS160 and attend visa interview with a copy of your new employer's I797 approval notice and marriage certificate and other related documents. If your H1B visa with old employer is valid there is no need to go for new stamping. You would need a valid H1B visa and new employer's I797 to enter US.

Thanks for the wishes & info, Jairichi :)

Thanks for the help. 

Also, the decision for my new H-1B petition is pending.I am still travelling to India. When I come back, can I just show the H-1B receipt (not the I-797) at the port of entry ? (Like I said earlier, my Visa is stamped with my previous employer).

No, you would need to show your I797 approval notice at POE to enter US.

Archived