Employment end date wrong on PERM

sghosh5

We have a very critical issue here. My PERM was approved and filed I-140 under premium processing. Now I got RFE asking about employment experience letters. On PERM my lawyer showed 2 employment experiences as a Graduate Assistant in the University which I was attending for Masters. The start dates for both the positions were correct but end dates are wrongly showing 1 year more than the exact year.

e.g. Job 1 : Start Date: 09/2008 End Date: 12/2009 (end date should be 2008)

Job 2 : Start Date: 1/2009 End Date: 12/2011 (end date should be 2010)

I graduated in 2010 and my assitantship work ended with it. After that I started working for a company. My PERM was approved even though those two employment experience had overlapping dates. But I am worried when I submit letter to USCIS from university showing the actual end date was 12/2010, will they consider this a fraud in PERM. This was clearly a typo. Should we include a cover letter to USCIS mentioning this clerical error?

Thanks for your help

• 1 year later...

Hi Kindly let me know what was the response from Murthy. I have similar issue. I am yet to file the I-140 in premium and we discovered this issue now. *************@gmail.com

Edited by MurthyAdmin
Members who wish to share their contact information may do so by updating their profile with the information they wish to share.
  • 1 year later...

Hi All,

My PERM under EB2 was approved just few days back. Now when i started to prepare my I-140 documents I have realized that my start/end date for my past experience is wrong. I have totally 10 years of Experience

below are my details:

My Experience dates

1) Company 1            ------ 06/04/2015 - till date ( Error in Start date as 03/11/2014)
2) Company 2            ------ 10/08/2012 - 06/03/2015 ( Error in End date as 10/31/2014)
3) Company 3            ------ 01/08/2008 - 10/05/2012 ( Error in Start date 08/01/2008 )
4) Company 4            ------ 10/26/2006 - 01/05/2008 

Could you please suggest me how should i go with it. I am really worried .

Please guide me wat would the step i should take now.

thanks
Suri
  • 5 months later...
On 12/1/2013 at 2:40 PM, sghosh5 said:

We have a very critical issue here. My PERM was approved and filed I-140 under premium processing. Now I got RFE asking about employment experience letters. On PERM my lawyer showed 2 employment experiences as a Graduate Assistant in the University which I was attending for Masters. The start dates for both the positions were correct but end dates are wrongly showing 1 year more than the exact year.

e.g. Job 1 : Start Date: 09/2008 End Date: 12/2009 (end date should be 2008)

Job 2 : Start Date: 1/2009 End Date: 12/2011 (end date should be 2010)

I graduated in 2010 and my assitantship work ended with it. After that I started working for a company. My PERM was approved even though those two employment experience had overlapping dates. But I am worried when I submit letter to USCIS from university showing the actual end date was 12/2010, will they consider this a fraud in PERM. This was clearly a typo. Should we include a cover letter to USCIS mentioning this clerical error?

Thanks for your help

Hi, Have you got your I 140 approved.I am in the same situation as yours. Please reply.

Edited by asdfgghk
  • 4 years later...
On 1/17/2017 at 2:59 PM, asdfgghk said:

Hi, Have you got your I 140 approved.I am in the same situation as yours. Please reply.

Hi I have same issue I got RFE for I140 downgrade mismatch dates for previous employer start date  and in Perm start date(Difference is 4 days). How did you resolve this issue. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

vas12