Admin Process: Travel on Old (valid) Stamp While case for New Stamping is pending

streamlanes

Dear All,

My situation is a bit different. I have my old stamp valid until February 22, 2013. I was qualified for Visa waiver program. So, me (for H1B) and my wife (for H4) have dropped my documents for stamping thru "Drop Box" on January 02, 2013. Documents reached consulate on January 04, 2013.

My wife's visa is issued on January 07, 2013 and received the passport on January 09, 2013. I have received an update on January 16, 2013, that my case is under "Administrative Processing". My passport is with the consulate.

Now My concern is that, Can I receive my passport back (I have checked some information online, looks like I should be able to get my passport back from the embassey, by submitting an application). Then Is the old stamping still valid? Can I use it to re-enter into USA, while my case is under Administrative Processing?

Please let me know, if you know any attorney with good experience in consular process, I would be more than happy to schedule an appointment, to discuss my case further.

Appreciate any help/ advise on this. Thanks

Yes H1b Help1, I did not get a 221g, but they did put my case in admin processing on 9th Jan and I got my visa approved on 23rd Jan. they did ask me to send a list of doucments to them viz email and inperson, which I did, they followed through them promptly and then i got the approval call. Am so glad its over and hope you too get your stamping soon. Its gotten tough for sure

Archived