Can i Re-enter USA during my 60-day period after finishing my OPT

yvsp

My current situation : pursued my master's from silicon valley university by april-2016 and my OPT was expired on may-10-2017, And currently i'm out of USA. ( in india- port of exit on nov-11-2016 ).   i'm trying to get admit for a different school to do my 2nd masters, i got visa on silicon valley university on sept-2014. Now that silicon valley university lost its accreditation, should i need to for visa stamping on a different university to do my second masters and to enter the united states.

cleardot.gifnote : OPT was expired after 6 months of port of exit.

i'm trying to get an admit for this fall-2017, with that admit can i enter USA with same visa and sevis (while in 60-day grace period),  because some says that The grace period ends when you depart the U.S.,

OR  else  do i  need to go for visa stamping with that new admit and new sevis

The grace period allows you to stay in the US for some time. If you leave the US, there is no more grace period.

If you have been outside the US for more than 5 months, you need a new F1 visa. If the new university is legit and well-known, it may be easy to get a new F1. If you signed up with a shady institution like before, you will have problems.

It is always best to get admission to a public university. Avoid all these shady 4th-tier private or for-profit institution.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:43 AM, yvsp said:

i'm trying to get an admit for this fall-2017, with that admit can i enter USA with same visa and sevis (while in 60-day grace period),  because some says that The grace period ends when you depart the U.S.,

OR  else  do i  need to go for visa stamping with that new admit and new sevis

As long as your F-1 visa is valid on your passport, you can re-enter using your new I-20, 60 days prior to the school start date. But you can not re-enter using your OPT 60-days grace period.

Archived