H1B Successful Visa Stamping - 19 & 20th OCT @ Matamoros, Mexico

Bala@134

Hi Guys,

First of all million thanks to the forum and also all the guys who helped me with questions I had before I went for the interview, without which it would have been merely impossible.

And now it is payback time to help others with the experience. Also many had already emailed asking for the experience, so here I am writing it right after I came out of Mexico-US border :)

My case is, I have been here in the US for close to 4.8 years. 4 years with one employer and 8 months with my current employer. Have got 1 prior drop box stamping in chennai, this is my new and current employers petition stamping @ Matamoros. 

First of all make plans for your travel.. If you have a Mexican consulate nearby, plan to book an appointment via email and get a mexican tourist visa.. Preferable. I was not even checked for Mexican visa anytime during my travel, but my case might not be the same for everyone.. Also you can get 7 days permit at the border, that again depends upon each persons comfort-ability whether to go with Mexican tourist visa or 7 days permit, as far as i understand, both works.

Plan your travel. Dates are easily available at Matamoros. I got in a weeks time since the day I booked. Immediately, plan for your travel and in parallel book your hotel reservation with Salvador.. His services are the best. May be I felt we could have managed alone, but who knows how it would have ended up. With salavador, I had the luxury of him taking care of our travels, accommodation etc. Would highly recommend to go with him, as he give you good guidance, experienced guy, picks you from US side to his hotel, takes you to the consulates and to shopping if needed. Most importantly he is the only guy I have met who speaks proper english, without which it would be difficult for you to handle things alone in Matamoros with spanish around. But advisable, not to go out alone in Matamoros. Stay at ur hotel always, I did the same too for both the days. His best-western hotel has a restaurant which has pretty decent food for 8-10$. Also if you need to get ur teeth cleaned up, you can get it done for 40$. Check with Salvador.

On 18th Eve Salvador picked me and another couple from Brownsville, TX and drove us to Matamoros, no issues on the border and everything was smooth. We stayed at the hotel that night and the hotel is pretty good compared to the places you see around matamoros. 

On 19th has ASC at one of the centers. It was quick and easy both Photo and Finger prints.. Took just 10-15 mins.. Salvador drove us and waited for us outside the office for us to complete and come out, so he picked us and drove back to the hotel.

On 20th we had the interview @ 8 AM. Again salvador picked us the morning from hotel and dropped us outside the consulate.

They scan you stuff at the consulate, and make you sit for the Interview

Below is the questions asked by the VO

Note: The VO didnt ask me for any document apart from the Passport. Not even I797.

VO: Good Morning, How are you?

Me: I am good, thanks officer. How are you?

VO: Good, Passport please.

Me: handed over the passport

VO: How long have you been in the US?

Me: Close to 4.8 Years.

Posted 12 minutes ago · Hidden

Contd...

VO: What is your Role and responsibilities?

Me: Answered appropriately

VO: For all these 4.8 years which visa were you in?

Me: Answered 

VO: Where do you stay in the US

Me: I stay in XX loc coz I work for my client there.

VO: How about your employer then?

Me: I stay at XX loc coz I work for so and so client, but my employer is based out of XX location. I work at my client location.

VO: Is your I140 approved? 

Me: Answered appropriately. I kept my hand on my folder, then VO said, I dont want to see it.

VO: who sponsored ur I140?

Me: Current Employer

Vo: She started explaining me about the right I hold and how my employer is treating me and asked me if I understood?

Me: Yes, I understand and said I have no issues with my employer and happy with them.

VO: Gave me a white slip which says "Visa is Approved" and an Yellow slip to pick up passport at 1 PM the same day.

Me: Thank you so much officer.

VO: You are very welcome, have a nice day.

ME: Thank you once again and you have a great day too.

Vo: Thank you and smiles !

Salvador picked us up once we were out of the consulate. waited in the shop nearby for 5 mins and he was there.. Drove us back to hotel..Stayed there till 1, packed our things, salvador assitant took us to the Consualte, got our passports in 5 mins and he dropped us at the Border by 1.30 or so.

Then we walked to the Border security for our I140, had to wait for 1 and half hours, but was pretty simple. The officers were nice and spoke well, but due to people before us, it took us 1 and half hours, or else would have got it much earlier. Got our I 140 and back in US by 3.30 PM or so today and then I am here sharing my experience with you guys :)

Overall it was a good trip, as things went well as per plans for us without delays. I felt the process was smooth, simpler, easier than getting stamping In India. So best wishes to all of you who are planning to go there for stamping.. Prayers for everyone to get their stamping and return back happy as I did..

You can feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, and I would be glad to help you guys out if I can :) All the best!!

Contd...

Me: I stay at XX loc coz I work for so and so client, but my employer is based out of XX location. I work at my client location.

Me: Answered appropriately.

Vo: She started explaining me about the right I hold and how my employer is treating me and asked me if I understood?

Me: Yes, I understand and said I have no issues with my employer and happy with them.

VO: Gave me a white slip which says "Visa is Approved" and an Yellow slip to pick up passport at 1 PM the same day.

Salvador picked us up once we were out of the consulate. waited in the shop nearby for 5 mins and he was there.. Drove us back to hotel..Stayed there till 1, packed our things, salvador assitant took us to the Consualte, got our passports in 5 mins and he dropped us at the Border by 1.30 or so.

Then we walked to the Border security for our I140, had to wait for 1 and half hours, but was pretty simple. The officers were nice and spoke well, but due to people before us, it took us 1 and half hours, or else would have got it much earlier. Got our I 140 and back in US by 3.30 PM or so today and then I am here sharing my experience with you guys :)

Overall it was a good trip, as things went well as per plans for us without delays. I felt the process was smooth, simpler, easier than getting stamping In India. So best wishes to all of you who are planning to go there for stamping.. Prayers for everyone to get their stamping and return back happy as I did..

You can feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, and I would be glad to help you guys out if I can :) All the best!!

On 10/20/2016 at 7:24 PM, Bala@134 said:

Hi Guys,

First of all million thanks to the forum and also all the guys who helped me with questions I had before I went for the interview, without which it would have been merely impossible.

And now it is payback time to help others with the experience. Also many had already emailed asking for the experience, so here I am writing it right after I came out of Mexico-US border :)

My case is, I have been here in the US for close to 4.8 years. 4 years with one employer and 8 months with my current employer. Have got 1 prior drop box stamping in chennai, this is my new and current employers petition stamping @ Matamoros. 

First of all make plans for your travel.. If you have a Mexican consulate nearby, plan to book an appointment via email and get a mexican tourist visa.. Preferable. I was not even checked for Mexican visa anytime during my travel, but my case might not be the same for everyone.. Also you can get 7 days permit at the border, that again depends upon each persons comfort-ability whether to go with Mexican tourist visa or 7 days permit, as far as i understand, both works.

Plan your travel. Dates are easily available at Matamoros. I got in a weeks time since the day I booked. Immediately, plan for your travel and in parallel book your hotel reservation with Salvador.. His services are the best. May be I felt we could have managed alone, but who knows how it would have ended up. With salavador, I had the luxury of him taking care of our travels, accommodation etc. Would highly recommend to go with him, as he give you good guidance, experienced guy, picks you from US side to his hotel, takes you to the consulates and to shopping if needed. Most importantly he is the only guy I have met who speaks proper english, without which it would be difficult for you to handle things alone in Matamoros with spanish around. But advisable, not to go out alone in Matamoros. Stay at ur hotel always, I did the same too for both the days. His best-western hotel has a restaurant which has pretty decent food for 8-10$. Also if you need to get ur teeth cleaned up, you can get it done for 40$. Check with Salvador.

On 18th Eve Salvador picked me and another couple from Brownsville, TX and drove us to Matamoros, no issues on the border and everything was smooth. We stayed at the hotel that night and the hotel is pretty good compared to the places you see around matamoros. 

On 19th has ASC at one of the centers. It was quick and easy both Photo and Finger prints.. Took just 10-15 mins.. Salvador drove us and waited for us outside the office for us to complete and come out, so he picked us and drove back to the hotel.

On 20th we had the interview @ 8 AM. Again salvador picked us the morning from hotel and dropped us outside the consulate.

They scan you stuff at the consulate, and make you sit for the Interview

Below is the questions asked by the VO

Note: The VO didnt ask me for any document apart from the Passport. Not even I797.

VO: Good Morning, How are you?

Me: I am good, thanks officer. How are you?

VO: Good, Passport please.

Me: handed over the passport

VO: How long have you been in the US?

Me: Close to 4.8 Years.

Posted 12 minutes ago · Hidden

Contd...

Me: Answered appropriately. I kept my hand on my folder, then VO said, I dont want to see it.

Did u see any 221g during ur stay in mexico

• 5 weeks later...

Archived