H1B stamping and DS-160

naveenkn1977

Hi All,

I have an appointment coming up at chennai consulate. Unfortunately i will be unable to go to India and am planning to reschedule my appointment. I am on H1B with labor approved but I-140 not applied yet.

When i filled up my DS-160, i had mentioned that there is no immigrant application filed on my behalf (as that was the case).

If my company files my 1-140 now, and use the current DS-160 that i have filed and visit India in future for stamping, there would be discrepancy between what i said when i filed the DS-160 and the situation when i visit.

Is there a way to ammend the DS-160 form? Will the dates of when i filed my DS-160, labor approval and I-140 filing be enough of an explanation for the visa officer?

Or should i just dump this DS-160 and start a new one?

Thanks for the advice.

NK

On August 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM, naveenkn1977 said:

Hi All,

I have an appointment coming up at chennai consulate. Unfortunately i will be unable to go to India and am planning to reschedule my appointment. I am on H1B with labor approved but I-140 not applied yet.

When i filled up my DS-160, i had mentioned that there is no immigrant application filed on my behalf (as that was the case).

If my company files my 1-140 now, and use the current DS-160 that i have filed and visit India in future for stamping, there would be discrepancy between what i said when i filed the DS-160 and the situation when i visit.

Is there a way to ammend the DS-160 form? Will the dates of when i filed my DS-160, labor approval and I-140 filing be enough of an explanation for the visa officer?

Or should i just dump this DS-160 and start a new one?

Thanks for the advice.

NK

U can start new ds160 as u haven't booked the visa interview slot 

Archived