H1b+140 approved Promotion

fungal

I have been with the same company as an FTE for 7+ years. I have received two promotions while I was on H1b. My green card process was initiated in late 2013 after I moved in to my current role. My PERM and i-140 have been approved. My title is Web Development Manager. When the PERM process was initiated, we were a small team and my role is of an individual contributor though the title has Manager. Over the years, the team has grown and with the last H1-b filing in March 2016 my job description was also changed. 

My manager wants to promote me and give me direct reports as well. We have been advised by HR that this will have an impact on my green card process and it puts the company at risk. They are hesitant to add on people management responsibilities to my job description as this was not included in the PERM process. 

My husband's priority date is May 2010 so I will not be using my 2014 priority date. 

My questions are - 
Is there any way to get around this?? 
Can the company just file for a new H1 on the updated people manager job description? 

Is the new memo on same and similar applicable??

Thank you for all your suggestions.

Archived