Work location change after LC submitted

My company is planning to submit GC. They are about to submit LC. How ever there is a chance that my company may move to new location but my role and position will be same. New location will be in different city that is more than 100 mile far from current location. Do i need to submit LC again? Moving may happen sometime next mid year.

• 2 weeks later...

GC is for FUTURE employment. It doesn't matter what job you do now. Having said that, If there is no longer a permanent job offer which you will fill upon becoming a permanent resident in that location then the company must test the new location labor market through PERM, obtain a new PERM certification and a new I-140 Immigrant Petition approval based on the new PERM certification.

you will have to be in the location/position mentioned in the PERM towards the end of the GC process. Remember GC is always for a future position(and location also in your case)

• 3 weeks later...

GC is for FUTURE employment. It doesn't matter what job you do now. Having said that, If there is no longer a permanent job offer which you will fill upon becoming a permanent resident in that location then the company must test the new location labor market through PERM, obtain a new PERM certification and a new I-140 Immigrant Petition approval based on the new PERM certification.

you will have to be in the location/position mentioned in the PERM towards the end of the GC process. Remember GC is always for a future position(and location also in your case)

Thanks for reply. But lets say after my labor is approved then position moves to different city (more tha 100 miles away) then do my company need to resubmit labor. What if relocation happens in between when labor is in process?

Also i know what will be new location (if relocation happens) but not sure when relocation will happen. So is it possible to add new location with current labor submission? Company is at final stage to submit labor.

Archived