I983 problem with contracting compnay

mdeepika

Hi, 

I am currently working on OPT for a company through a contracting firm. My OPT is set to expire on June 15th and I already applied for the STEM extension (case was received mar 31st and is still being processed). However, my contracting company recently got back to me saying that they cannot complete my I-983 form based on the new regulations of STEM OPT. 

Being directly hired by the client company is not an option. With only a few weeks left on my OPT how should i proceed ? I haven't yet received the RFE from USCIS asking for a new I20. Is there any way my contracting company can fill the I983 form for me? Please advice!

Hi, 

I am currently working on OPT for a company through a contracting firm. My OPT is set to expire on June 15th and I already applied for the STEM extension (case was received mar 31st and is still being processed). However, my contracting company recently got back to me saying that they cannot complete my I-983 form based on the new regulations of STEM OPT. 

Being directly hired by the client company is not an option. With only a few weeks left on my OPT how should i proceed ? I haven't yet received the RFE from USCIS asking for a new I20. Is there any way my contracting company can fill the I983 form for me? Please advice!

It looks like STEM OPT is not for consulting jobs. Contact an attorney.

Archived