I-485 RFE on Marriage Certificate & I-693


Recommended Posts



I currently received a RFE for 2 Items listed


1. Marriage Certificate -

Our Marriage Certificate has my name with initials - M.K.Ganesh

The RFE is stating they need to have a Marriage Certificate with my initials expanded in the Marriage Certificate. Reached out Attorney's in India for getting the Marriage certificate and it was mentioned they will not be able to change the names. They did convey to provide me an Affidavit with my expanded name. Can you please confirm me.


2. Medical Reports

My Medical Report was taken on 4/20/15 and it was mentioned it was older than a year. Do we need to get the medical test once again (TB, Vaccines) or it is just get it updated in a new form from the Civil Surgeon and submit the test results from 4/20/15.


Can you  please clarify the above mentioned.



Ganesh M K


Link to comment
  • 3 months later...

1) Please approach the local authority who registers marriages where you got married and request a new certificate issued with full name. If possible try to re-register your marriage this time with full name or like your attorney mentioned get a notarized affidavit explaining why your name cannot be corrected.


2) I-693 is only valid for 1 year since USCIS has recently stopped extending it automatically for pending cases. So please approach your closest USCIS approved civil surgeon to get a new one. Take your vaccination record along. 

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.