Work from India for US employer in H1B with US Payroll

Recommended Posts


I am currently working as a full time employee for a US employer in H1B Visa.

Due to personal reason i want to move to India for 2 yrs.

Is it possible to work for the same US employer from India with the US payroll still running here.

Does it sound legal or is there any issues or complications on it.

Assuming that my employer is willing to arrange this for me.




Link to comment

If you are outside the US you are by definition not in any status.

If you are working remotely from outside the US, you may have to pay taxes in your home country.

Both you and the employer should discuss the situation with a good CPA knowledgeable about international taxt issues.

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.