H1 B visa from India

surandar

Hi.

I am in USA on H1B visa and My wife works in India for company A, however company B which is in USA had applied H1B visa  for her based on her skill set moreover petition was picked in lottery, please provide clarifications for the following questions on the aforesaid said scenario.

* Whether she can travel on H4 to USA now?

* Can she do stamping for H1 after Oct in any near by countries of USA! if so which would be advised?

* Can she hold H1 and H4 visas at the same time?

* If she is taking up stamping from India, whether is it mandatory for her to resign her job from company A as she will be getting her visa stamped for company B!

Whether she can travel on H4 to USA now?

YES

* Can she do stamping for H1 after Oct in any near by countries of USA! if so which would be advised?

I am not sure about this. Mostly only people who did MS in USA

* Can she hold H1 and H4 visas at the same time?

No

* If she is taking up stamping from India, whether is it mandatory for her to resign her job from company A as she will be getting her visa stamped for company B!

No. She don't need to resign from company A. 

It is possible to have multiple visas though one can have only one status. Sometimes other visas are stamped CWOP and mostly they leave other visas alone.

Just an explanation for newbies: CWOP means Canceled without Prejudice, i.e., an administrative cancellation of a visa that isn't used. Nothing bad.

Archived