H1B Renewal Visa amended to shorter period

prabhu.sls

Hi,

Originally my H1B visa got renewed on Feb 2016 and i got the validity until May 2018. After the approval i exited US and got the Visa stamping from India for myself and spouse based on the renewed petition and both of us got the Visa validity until May 2018. I alone came to US and now i got the mail from USCIS stating that my H1B renewal validity is decreased to the shorter period until Sep 2016 due to quality control center audit. Now i need to file for the extension again and it'll be in processing until it get approves. My query is now whether my spouse can travel during August time-frame to US (In Sep my renewed petition will expire and extension will be in progress) with the Visa she got earlier with validity until May 2018 while the extension is in progress for the petition got amended to Sep 2016 as a expiry date. Any problem will she face during Immigration entry in to US?  If she enters without any problem whether i need to file an extension for her too? Whether USCIS will accept the H4 renewal petition while my peition is going to expire in another 30 days (Sep 2016) and my extension is in progress? Could you please reply with your valuable suggestion. Expecting your reply. Thanks.

Archived