H1B - Notice of appeal: pending for over 5 months

hariK

Hello All,

My employer has applied for H1B last year (2015). My application was picked in the lottery. Got an RFE in July, employer responded in sept and the petition was denied in November due to lack of proof regarding the tenure of the project. My employer filed an appeal (MTR) on Dec 21, 2015 along with the proof regarding the extension of tenure with the client and there has been no update ever since. I have got a receipt from USCIS which states that On Dec 21, 2015, USCIS has received form I-129B, Notice to Appeal to the commissioner with the receipt number. 

I know that we can call USCIS  and ask for a status update if there is not change in the update for H1B applications, but my employer says that there's nothing which can be done with the MTR's/Notice to Appeals. Is it true? I am currently held up on the decision and would greatly appreciate anybody's inputs on this.

Thanks

Hello All,

My employer has applied for H1B last year (2015). My application was picked in the lottery. Got an RFE in July, employer responded in sept and the petition was denied in November due to lack of proof regarding the tenure of the project. My employer filed an appeal (MTR) on Dec 21, 2015 along with the proof regarding the extension of tenure with the client and there has been no update ever since. I have got a receipt from USCIS which states that On Dec 21, 2015, USCIS has received form I-129B, Notice to Appeal to the commissioner with the receipt number. 

I know that we can call USCIS  and ask for a status update if there is not change in the update for H1B applications, but my employer says that there's nothing which can be done with the MTR's/Notice to Appeals. Is it true? I am currently held up on the decision and would greatly appreciate anybody's inputs on this.

Thanks

I was in the same boat too.

My MTR submitted on june 20th and MTR approved on March 16th

We can raise a service request if it completed 90 days.

Employer or Attorney has to raise service request requesting for status of MTR

Then, u might get an update.

Archived