Can I withdraw 1 out of 2 H1B lottery selected petition?

pankaj24

Hello All,

Since this was my last chance, I got filed 2 petitions for H1B.  One with my current employer and one with another. Both the employers are totally different, in different states, have different clients. They are not related  with each other in any way.

My current employer didn't file it in premium but the other one did.Both of them got selected. Now what are my options. I really want to go with my current employer and they are ready to file it under premium now. Since I am working on CPT, I am expecting RFE already.

I have some queries.

1. Can I keep both the applications open? I actually dont want to. I want to go with my current employer application.

2. If I withdraw the application with other employer, will it affect my application with current employer in any way?

3. If I keep both the applications open, will a denial in one cause the denial in another ?

Any help on these ones will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Pankaj.

You can't withdraw anything.

The applications are the employers applications.

Both employers will likely receive RFEs, because of suspicions that the beneficiary paid for at least one of the applications.

And given that work with CPT is a big red flag and likely illegal, you are looking at both being denied, anyway.

You can't withdraw anything.

The applications are the employers applications.

Both employers will likely receive RFEs, because of suspicions that the beneficiary paid for at least one of the applications.

And given that work with CPT is a big red flag and likely illegal, you are looking at both being denied, anyway.

Thanks JoeF for your reply. 

By withdrawing I meant, my other employer is ready to withdraw that application. Personally I cannot file or withdraw an application. Its employer who does it. 

My concern was if in case of withdrawal of one application, will it cause any problem for another.  

And Yes, I know working on CPT is kind of rare scene but certainly not illegal. such cases certainly do receive RFE to prove their full time academic records. And my university can and had provided all such documents to respond to RFE's to lots of students previously who got their H1B visas approved eventually. 

I am not sure why you think both will get denied. Am I missing something here? 

I would really appreciate if you could suggest of anything besides CPT which might cause problem. 

Thanks in advance.

Pankaj.

So, the employer filed a frivolous application? If he is willing to withdraw it, it was obviously not a real application.

Why would an employer pay the money for the H1 petition and then agree to withdraw it soon thereafter?

This looks fishy. Or did you pay for it?

Add to that the fishy CPT (care to tell us the name of the university?) and you are looking at getting none of the H1s approved.

• 10 months later...

Archived