Submitted 485, EAD, AP application w/o Medical docs

GC2018

Hi Everyone 

I submitted my 485, EAD, AP application without the medical docs as the PD was not current (My PD is Jan'2009). Anticipating that PD will become current in the next 2 months, how should I submit the medical docs now? Do I have to wait for the RFE or can I just send I-693?

Below is from the USCIS website

"Submit Form I-693 by mail, after filing your Form I-485, to the location specified in your most recent communication with USCIS (for example, a Request for Evidence letter from USCIS)"

Thanks!!

Based on the new DATES FOR FILING OF EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA APPLICATIONS which are ahead of the PDs

Note that USCIS has made these dates pretty much useless by declaring that people may not be able to use them for filing I-485s.

In the Visa Bulletin, there is this note:

"Visit www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo for information on whether USCIS has determined that this chart can be used (in lieu of the chart in paragraph 5.A.) this month for filing applications for adjustment of status with USCIS."

If you didn't follow their rules, you may have filed the I-485 too early.

If filing the I-485 was ok, you'd have to wait for an RFE. Mails without that are likely to get lost in the USCIS mail maze.

If your PD is not current USCIS should have  returned your application stating reason for rejection ( PD not current). Do not use dates of filing  as USCIS has been using final action dates as filing dates since the new system was put in place.

Check if the application fee has been accepted as that is good indication of application status.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived