Surrender Green Card and Apply for Visitors Visa

Recommended Posts



My parents are both permanent residents of the USA - They both have their green cards for a few years now.

Due to bad health and also other familial obligations they cannot continue making the time to maintain status of their green cards. They however want to apply for visitors visa to the USA so that they have the option of visiting their grandchildren / Kids.


  1. What is the process for surrendering their green card while applying for visitors visa  to the USA?
  2. Is it two different appointments at the consulate or can it be done in one appointment.

Can you please let me know . Appreciate it very much.

Thank you

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.