Running a Website during h4 ead renewal

sunn_2016

Hi, 

Can I run an education based website, without generating money,  during h4ead renewal.

I read somewhere that, one can run the business during renewal but cannot take business decisions. Is this true?

Also , do  I need to register the business name with the state, again after renewal.

Any suggestion is needfull.

Thanks.

To run a business you need work authorization.

With a valid EAD on H4, you have work authorization. When the EAD expires, the work authorization is gone, and you can only be a passive investor at that point. Without work authorization, you can not do anything for the business, not buying things, not selling things, not depositing checks, not writing checks, not filing taxes, etc. etc. etc.

The EAD can be renewed while the old one is still valid. That's how you should do it.

Again, when the EAD is expired, you can't do anything for the business.

Thank you Joe.

But my question is, if the website is launched during h4 ead is valid, do I need to stop running if ead is not renewed in time, even if  it didnot generate any money/business. 

It is NOT allowed to run a business, any business, if the person doesn't have a valid work authorization.

It is irrelevant if the business generates income. It still is a business, and running it requires valid work authorization.

It is NOT allowed to run a business, any business, if the person doesn't have a valid work authorization.

It is irrelevant if the business generates income. It still is a business, and running it requires valid work authorization.

what in case if EAD isn't issued on time? That's not OP's problem if EAD was not issued on time.

what in case if EAD isn't issued on time? That's not OP's problem if EAD was not issued on time.

If the OP doesn't get the new EAD before the old one expires, the OP wouldn't have work authorization. That's all there is to it.

Without valid work authorization, a person can not run a business (nor work as employee.)

If the OP doesn't get the new EAD before the old one expires, the OP wouldn't have work authorization. That's all there is to it.

Without valid work authorization, a person can not run a business (nor work as employee.)

Why should OP suffer if EAD doesn't arrive even its filed on time?

What if, one of the partner in business is a Citizen. Will the business continue (or) it should stop?

You don't quite seem to get it. Being partner in the business or not doesn't matter. What matters is who runs the business. Non-US entities own part of big companies like Microsoft, but they are passive investors and don't run the business.

If the CEO is a US citizen or somebody with work authorization, e.g., Permanent Resident, that person can of course continue to run the business.

But the person without work authorization can not at all be involved in it. That includes not having access to the company bank accounts, not being able to sign anything, not being able to make any company decisions.

The person with work authorization is the authority on what is done in the business.

Archived