RFE for EB2-NIW

I work in MD Anderson Cancer Center as Research Programmer from 7 Years in Houston,Texas,I did my Masters in Management Information Systems(MIS).

MD Anderson applied my I-140-NIW in November 2014 and i received a query today Requesting for more Evidence(RFE) .

My RFE states that i do not conduct Research on Drus or trails ,so theya re asking me how am i beneficial to National interest? My scope is limited to MD Anderson so they are asking me how am i beneficial to Nation being in IT

MY NIW was supported by 6 Recommendation Letters from Colleagues and numerous documentation but we received RFE as i am on IT side.

Please let me know if its possible to answer this RFE so that i can get my I-140 Approved with no issues and further queries.

Do you have a lawyer? Is the lawyer experienced with NIWs?

Working as a programmer, even if it is in a cancer center, doesn't necessarily qualify you for NIW.

NIW means that your work has to be in the national interest of the US.

quite strange that employer is sponsoring EB2-NIW petition..as the only benefit compared to EB2 regular is that you don't need employer sponsorship and of course just few months of PERM processing time saved..

so better pursue the EB2 regular route??..

not sure what kind of "research" you do in a research programmer role....simply put- you can claim EB2-NIW if your work makes an impact nation wide/across state borders and US public is going to get benefited from your work rather than a local entity or a private firm..

Never heard of a computer programmer getting approved in NIW

Linus Torvalds, the inventor and maintainer of Linux. It was of course in the interest of the US to have the maintainer of Linux in the US...

But that certainly is a different quality.

The OP hasn't really said much about what he actually does.

I could imagine work in bio-informatics, e.g., building 3D models of molecules, which of course could be an important part of research, even if the programmers don't write the scientific papers (they may be mentioned in the acknowledgements.)

I agree with pontevecchio that it is very unlikely that MD Anderson didn't have a very good reason to file an NIW.

Their lawyers should be well-qualified to answer any RFE thrown their way.

Thanks for your response unfortunately MD Anderson do not process normal Labor for I-140 or i would not agree for EB2-NIW in the first place.

We do not have lawyers on site ,We just have visa departments and managers.They told me to talk to lawyers and they said its very tough case to resolve as i do not have publications and citattions.

I work for Research Department Phase-I clinical trails its very unique and we have to develop software and do coding in unique way understanding there requirements which is challenge.

Archived