Eb2 i 140 - Degree passed date vs degree awarded date

Mossaicc

Hi All,

I have approved perm and in the process of applying I-140 for Eb2. 

I completed my Bachelors in 2006 but requested the degree certificate in 2010. My degree certificate states as below.

Awarded the degree for having duly completed the prescribed requirements in 2006. Given under the seal of university on 2010.

Now my attorney is saying USCIS will consider the degree date as 2010. I will get 5+ years of experience only if 2006 is considered.

My attorney has given 2 options

1.Get the supporting document from the university stating that the degree was awarded in 2006. But attorney is not 100% sure if with this document I 140 will get approved

2. Go for I-140 under Eb3

Please let me know if anyone has faced the similar issue. 

Thank you

Now my attorney is saying USCIS will consider the degree date as 2010. I will get 5+ years of experience only if 2006 is considered.

You will get your 5+ yrs of exp if you have worked for that many years. Not when your degree was issued.

Just think practically, didn't you worked after 2006? That's enough to prove your exp.

• 5 weeks later...

I have similar problem. I have completed my BTech on April 2007, got my graduation certificate on Mar 2008. So attorney is saying that I need 5+ experience after Mar 2008, but I have 75 days less.

I have sent him my provisional certificate, mark list and Education evaluation documents which says that I have completed my graduation in April 2007, but still they are not considering it.

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

I had the same issue where I completed my BTECH in July 2006, but degree was awarded on Nov-2006 and was loosing 5Yrs for EB2. But I had my provisional degree certificate issue from college in Aug-2006 that I had submitted to my employer (campus placement).

Also I used my education evaluation which showed 4 yrs degree  from July-2002 to June-2006.

After that my RFE was cleared and I got i140 approved.

Hope this helps.

Thx...

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived