EAD: small bonus on 1099 while still employed by GC employer on W2

OntheEdge

Gurus,

I have a question.
I currently have my Eb2 India I-485 pending. I am still working for my GC petitioning employer on W2 using my EAD. The middle vendor wants to give me a small bonus (less than $10) for every hour I work. He wants to do this on 1099.

My question is, is it legal to accept this 1099 income from this vendor while I am continue to be employed with my GC petitioning employer on W2 using my EAD?
Will it cause any issues at the time of I-485 approval?
Am I violating any law?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is not allowed. You are working with the GC sponsoring company and you are not allowed to work in a separate field to maintain the GC aligibality. And for the same work, you cannot get two different remunerations.

It is not worth to take the extra bonus from the 2nd copany. Rather ask your primary employer to provide the extra as part of salary

I believe this is not allowed. You are working with the GC sponsoring company and you are not allowed to work in a separate field to maintain the GC aligibality. And for the same work, you cannot get two different remunerations.

It is not worth to take the extra bonus from the 2nd copany. Rather ask your primary employer to provide the extra as part of salary

Once you are on EAD, you can work for any employer. That's perfectly legal.

Archived