H4 visa refusal with 221g

anshuverma

I gave interview for H4 visa at New Delhi consulate on 2 dec 2015. He asked me about my previous travel to US on business visa and have me a 221g slip asking me to submit a document. He asked me to get myself added in my husband's already approved H1B petition (I797).

When we enquired with the attorneys in my husband's company, they said that this is not possible as there is no rule currently to add someone as dependent on already approved H1B.

All my visa is on hold and I cannot see any way to get it either approved or rejected.

Please suggest.

Even i thought the same. I had my marriage certificate and also my husband's I797. But he didn't ask for the certificate. I showed him his I797 but he asked for my I796 which i didn't have. Then he gave this 221g to me.

It's almost 3 months and the status shows as administrative processing and also I'm unable to submit the documents asked by the consulate as there is no provision to get that done. Please help

I am a new mom, my son was born in May in New Jersey, USA. I am living in US since MAY 2012. I came to India in Oct 2015, I went for my h1b visa stamping which went under Administrative processing, i wasnt issued any slip nor have been asked to submit any document by US embassy till date.

I recieved back my passport in February 2016 with no visa attached to it and status of my h1b visa still shows under Administratitve processing. 

My husband is on h1b visa and works in a pharmaceutical company in New Jersey. He is been in US since last 9 years. Its been more than 4 months that me and my son are living away from my husband.

So that my family can unite, and me and my son can be back to US i decided to withdraw my h1b application and have applied for h4 dependent visa. I submitted the documents for the same at US embassy on 29th February 2016 and now when i check the status it again shows under Administrative processing. I am very dishearted and emotionally broken as I need to get back my son to his father and I need to unite with my husband. 

What is it that can be done in this case?

I am a new mom, my son was born in May in New Jersey, USA. I am living in US since MAY 2012. I came to India in Oct 2015, I went for my h1b visa stamping which went under Administrative processing, i wasnt issued any slip nor have been asked to submit any document by US embassy till date.

I recieved back my passport in February 2016 with no visa attached to it and status of my h1b visa still shows under Administratitve processing. 

My husband is on h1b visa and works in a pharmaceutical company in New Jersey. He is been in US since last 9 years. Its been more than 4 months that me and my son are living away from my husband.

So that my family can unite, and me and my son can be back to US i decided to withdraw my h1b application and have applied for h4 dependent visa. I submitted the documents for the same at US embassy on 29th February 2016 and now when i check the status it again shows under Administrative processing. I am very dishearted and emotionally broken as I need to get back my son to his father and I need to unite with my husband. 

What is it that can be done in this case?

Hi Solprovider,

Sorry to hear that.

There are few options to expedit the process. Talk to your attorney and see if you can escalate this under "Humanity" basis.

As far as i know that's the only option we can use. Hope you will get the visa soon.

All the best.

Archived