H1 B denied and had not transferred in 60 day period after OPT , URGENT help needed

priya.for.murthy

I have done my MBA program and was working on OPT. Currently my H1B got denied on 11 th Feb 2016 , and my OPT had ended on 24 November 2015. I didn't know that I had to take a transfer or take admission on F1 during the 60 day grace period after my OPT ended.  After H1B denial I was planning to take admission in college on F1 that provided day 1 CPT.  But now I cannot work since my is H1B denied. I want to take admission and enroll in  school for masters, back in F1 status. Is it possible and what are the options to stay in this country in F1 status? 

In case I apply for a reinstatement of my SEVIS, what are the chances of getting approval by USCIS to let me get back in F1 status while I've enroll in a new full time program?

Incase my employer files for MTR or a fresh H1B , will the reinstatement of my SEVIS  impact or conflict my H1B petition or MTR? What is the success of getting reinstatement on F1?

What is the time frame for getting acceptance/declined results for reinstatement of SEVIS?

I want to maintain my status and stay in this country, what are my options to do so?

What are my chances to   re-enter USA on F1 visa, if I go back to India , apply for masters program as I have already done my MBA?

Do I have to give GRE or GMAT to apply for Masters program for college in USA or if the college is accepting with with my Masters degree and waiving of GRE/GMAT what are the chances of getting the F1 visa stamp?

I came here on B1 visa and changed my status to F1 by getting enrolled in university for MBA, so if I re-apply for F1 or H1b will it affect my B1 visa? 

Currently my H1b has got denied and if I plan to come back on B1 will I be able to enter USA on B1 visa status? Will it affect my B1 visa if I delay going back to my country?

If I go back to India and my H1B gets approved what are my chances to get the H1B visa stamp and come back to US?

Signing up with a fraud institution for CPT from day one would kill your future in the US forever. Have you not heard what happened to TVU "students"???

No real university gives out CPT to somebody who just signed up.

Real universities have application deadlines, and it takes several months to get admission.

You have to leave the country and apply from abroad.

And stay away from fraud institutions that offer CPT from day one. You would just get into lots of problems, up to a lifelong ban.

your case has lots of red flags.

1) Back to back masters. 

2) day 1 CPT.

3) planning to delay return on b1.

I hope you understand that you sound too desperate; dont take any decision that will hamper your future entries to US.

Better return to India, think what next you want to do?

1) You still have time to find a employer who can file H1b for next year (under CAP/lottery).

2) Apply for new new F1 (bt not with intension to work from day 1), and keep in mind you wont be eligible for OPT this time, if you have utilized OPT in previous masters.

Hi,

I want to be in this country and it has been very hard and depressing to quit everything here that I worked hard for . As you mentioned I need leave the country immediately .

1. If I plan to enter on B1 is that still valid ? As I came here on B1 and changed to F1 but I had not gone for stamping . So is my B1 still active as I had got it for 10 years . In case if I plan to come here for a visit .

2. How is it I can come again to work here, my employer will be filing MTR and also h1b. What are the chances in both case to get approval in this scenario

3. In case I plan to come as a student do I need to take stem course. Will my previous records of coming here n studying be a problem to get student visa ? Since I did an MBA here . I am just trying to understand if I give GRE to do masters and plan to come in fall /spring semester will these hinder my entry to get a student visa

Please let me know on this I really appreciate everyone's feedback on my situation

A B1 is visitor for business. Is your foreign employer sending you to the US?

Or do you mean B2?

You can visit, if you get admission, but again, you ahev to have a home abroad that you intend to return to.

If you "want to be in this country", a B1 or B2 is not for you.

Can I plan to enter on B1 is that still valid ?

As I came here on B1 and changed to F1 but I had not gone for stamping . So is my B1 still active ?

You cannot simply enter on B1, you need a letter from employer to do that. Stop thinking on how to enter into US illegally and contact an attorney for help.

Thank you so much for the information. But can you like guide me like what kind of letter do I need frm my employer?

Please suggest

There would have to be a REAL business need for you to come here, e.g., for meetings with customers.

A fake letter is not going to work.

Thank you so much for the information. But can you like guide me like what kind of letter do I need frm my employer?

Please suggest

Employers cannot simply give you a letter to enter into US. Moreover, you need to be working for that employer outside the US currently.

BTW, are you in the US?

Archived