can i140 from old employer be used for H1 extension by new employer


Recommended Posts

Filing GC application by employer means, employer offering permanent employment to you. 


Once you leave that employer its not valid and other employers nothing to do with it.


Only thing you can do is you can port it with your old I-140 receipt number


and keep the priority date same when your new employer file labor petition & I-140 for you.


Normally labor should be filed 1 year before the H1 petition going to expire.(Not sure in your case)

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.