worked on l2 without knowing my h1 was done with cos.

anka3785

Hi,

Please help! I have been working with company xyz since mar 2012 on l2 EAD. i quit in june 2014 as my ead  expired. i started working with the same company(xyz) in july 2015 with my new L2 EAD. 

Another company ABC had applied for my h1 in april 2015 and he told me in october 2015 that it has got approved. I asked ABC to find me a job. while i continued to work with XYZ with my L2 EAD. 

company ABC couldnt find a job for me unil december. and company XYZ said they r willing to transfer my visa. but in jan 2016 they backed out. 

after 4 month this company ABC told me that my h1 was active since oct2015.  but i have been working on l2 ead... now i am pretty confused about what my visa status is? can you please clarify?

Hi,

Please help! I have been working with company xyz since mar 2012 on l2 EAD. i quit in june 2014 as my ead  expired. i started working with the same company(xyz) in july 2015 with my new L2 EAD. 

Another company ABC had applied for my h1 in april 2015 and he told me in october 2015 that it has got approved. I asked ABC to find me a job. while i continued to work with XYZ with my L2 EAD. 

company ABC couldnt find a job for me unil december. and company XYZ said they r willing to transfer my visa. but in jan 2016 they backed out. 

after 4 month this company ABC told me that my h1 was active since oct2015.  but i have been working on l2 ead... now i am pretty confused about what my visa status is? can you please clarify?

If your H1 was approved along with COS then you are in big trouble. Does your H1 797 has a new I94 with it or not?

yes it does have an i94 with it. I have been asking the employer for it and he just provided me that. and i found out that it has an i94.

That means you were on H1 from the I94 start date. 

Contact an attorney, you need their help. And if your H1 is approved, then you have a job and you need to get paid every month. If not file a complaint against that employer.

I have a valid l2 visa. isnt that valid?

No. A visa is an entry document.

In the US, the I-94 counts. And the I-94 from the H1 approval notice says you are in H1 status from Oct. 1.

You immediately have to stop working for the L1 employer.

And you should consult with a good immigration lawyer ASAP.

Archived