H1b Extension RFE

Immi_Que

My employer has applied for my H1b Extension under PP on 1/9/2016, and we received an RFE on 1/20/2016.

I have my current H1b visa and I94 valid until 6/16/2016.

My question is , if incase my H1b Extension ends up in denial, do I have to leave the country immediately or can I stay  until 6/16/2016.

What are the other options I have in case of denial. Please let me know.

Appreciate all the suggestions.

Thanks,

HT

Appreciate your reply!!

I was on the project till 12/31/2015. Right now I am on bench looking for another project, and also I am 7 months pregnant and I am not sure very when I will be able to get on another project.

While applying for H1b Extension, contract agreement documents b/w client, vendor and employer were submitted for till December 2015. 

The RFE now is for submitting the current contract agreement documents ( i.e from 1/1/2016)

Thanks!!

Appreciate your reply!!

I was on the project till 12/31/2015. Right now I am on bench looking for another project, and also I am 7 months pregnant and I am not sure very when I will be able to get on another project.

While applying for H1b Extension, contract agreement documents b/w client, vendor and employer were submitted for till December 2015.

The RFE now is for submitting the current contract agreement documents ( i.e from 1/1/2016)

Thanks!!

Congrats on the pregnancy.

Are you being paid now being on bench? If not you are out of status & need to file a complaint against employer with DOL. For RFE to be approved employer has to submit relevant papers.

If you are paid you can stay till your I94 expiry. If not you need to exit US or move to a dependent status.

• 2 weeks later...

Jairichi / Rahul412, 

Yes I am being paid now and I am planning to withdraw my petition.I will apply for extension some time later before my I94 expiry date.

Do you know if there is any deadline  for withdrawing the petition from the RFE received date? Please let me know.

Thank you very much for the much need advice!! Appreciate your time & help!!

Archived