L1A to H1B Transfer on expired petition


Recommended Posts


Since 2014 I am in USA on L1A - Indiviual visa. 
Can I use my old H1B approved petition, which got expired in 10/01/2008. I have travelled to USA on H1b for 1 yr. 2005 -2006. I have around 5 years left on it. So willing to transfer my H1B to new employer.
Kindly Advise.


Yes, an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition. And you will be allowed to stay 6 years - time spent in US on H1B and L1A.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.