H1B Visa stamping at Canada vs Mexico vs India

sweta78

Happy New Year everyone!

I recently got my h1b extension (3rd time, so I am on 12th year of H1B) and is approved for 3 years. I am wondering if I can get the stamping done in Canada or Mexico or I better should go to India? I do work for a big company and all the papers are in order.

I would like to go to Canada as I also could take a vacation there. So here are my questions:

1. Can I go to Canada for stamping? Is there any location better than other in Canada for stamping?

2. Are there any rejections if there are no issues on paperwork?

3. Is Mexico better than Canada for stamping?

4. Is it better to the stamping in India as Canada and Mexico rejects the stamping?

Please give me some advice. I am confused as what to do. I dont have plans right now to go to India but I wanted to get the stamping for any emergency travel.

Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I just came to Canada and currently waiting to get my passport back since Jan 14, 2016.

Based on this, my personal opinion is that it is always safe to do visa stamping at home country. Doesn't mean that everyone will have a similar experience as me.

I guess you need to use your best judgement here.

• 4 months later...

I just came to Canada and currently waiting to get my passport back since Jan 14, 2016.

Based on this, my personal opinion is that it is always safe to do visa stamping at home country. Doesn't mean that everyone will have a similar experience as me.

I guess you need to use your best judgement here.

So, did you receive your Passport? Please update!

Archived