h1b extension suggestions....

karthik1234

My immigration situation...

project contract ending with current client 'C' in may,2016

H1b validation until may,2016 as per above end client letter given upto may, 2016

H1b stamping is valid upto may,2016

Current client 'C' may extend the contract for 2 more years ...but client letter will not be provided as a new rule...

the project extension with client 'C'  may happen in april, 2016

My questions are as below:

1. when should I apply for h1b extension ...I mean what month in 2016...according to my case?? ( my current h1b ending on 14th may,2016)

2. can we apply for  h1b extension without prime vendor letter and client letter ??

3. do we need to mention prime vendor name in h1b application ?? client being the same ?? the current prime vendor is X, it may or may not change to prime vendor Y ?

please let me know your suggestions....

thanks in advance....

1. When you get all documents ready to file an extension. An extension can be filed not more than 6 months before current petition expiry.

2. Yes, but you need to provide a letter from client that they no longer provide client letter and other supporting evidences.

3. Any layer involved has to be mentioned in your H1B petition.

1. When you get all documents ready to file an extension. An extension can be filed not more than 6 months before current petition expiry.

2. Yes, but you need to provide a letter from client that they no longer provide client letter and other supporting evidences.

3. Any layer involved has to be mentioned in your H1B petition.

thanks for your replies...

Archived