H1 to H4 to H1 COS

bhargavsri

I have a query reg my wife's work situation. She was on a H1B visa until Nov 2013 and moved to H4 under my H1B. She has decided to work again now and looking for an employer who can change her status from H4 to H1B. Her current H4 validity is until 02/01/16 and extension is in progress.

What if she gets a job offer next week and the employer files her COS in premium and she gets her H1B receipt notice by end of Jan 2016. Her H4 expires on 02/01/16 and then her COS to H1B gets approved sometime 2nd week of Feb 2016. If this is the case, can she start working with her approved H1B?

Or should she have her COS H1B approval before her H4 validity expires which is 02/01/2016?

Please assist 

I have a query reg my wife's work situation. She was on a H1B visa until Nov 2013 and moved to H4 under my H1B. She has decided to work again now and looking for an employer who can change her status from H4 to H1B. Her current H4 validity is until 02/01/16 and extension is in progress.

What if she gets a job offer next week and the employer files her COS in premium and she gets her H1B receipt notice by end of Jan 2016. Her H4 expires on 02/01/16 and then her COS to H1B gets approved sometime 2nd week of Feb 2016. If this is the case, can she start working with her approved H1B?

Or should she have her COS H1B approval before her H4 validity expires which is 02/01/2016?

Please assist 

Once she gets her COS to H1B approved she can start working. Withdraw H4 extension after COS to H1B approval.

Hi,

I have applied for H1B to H4 and H4EAD simultaneouly. Receipt date was July 2nd 2015.

I got approval of EAD on 8/17/15 but till now H4 didnt approved.

I am still continuing my employment on H1B as H4 is not yet approved.

Can you please suggest me how to reach USCIS on EAD approval without H4 approval. please let me know, thanks

Archived