H1 B Transfer(Extension) Processing delay for more than 6 months

madhavi1026

I have filed my H1 B Transfer(Extension) on 21st May 2015, there was an update from USCIS saying that my I-129 is received on 22nd May 2015 with a WAC no# and It’s been more than 6 months now there is no further update on case status.

When I verified the USCIS processing Times information page, the Field Office Processing Dates for California Service Center as of: October 31, 2015 shows Processing Timeframe as June 10 2015.

My lawyer is suggesting not to go for premium processing as I have valid I-94 till 30th June 2016. Shall I go for premium processing now, or should I wait?

And is there any other way to get the status update on my case from USCIS? Please suggest.

Nothing can be done. As you have valid petition till June 2016, i would suggest to wait. 

That petition (I94 according to OP) is not from new employer but old employer which would have been revoked by now. This cannot be an extension petition but a change of employer as an extension petition cannot be filed more than 6 months before expiry.

Archived